[Xen-users] Re: a new server for Xen

To: Jan Albrecht <jan.albrecht@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: a new server for Xen
From: Ligesh <myself@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 00:03:13 +0530
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 10:21:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 11:52:04AM +0100, Jan Albrecht wrote:
> Yves-ga?l Ch?ny wrote:
> > But with paravirtualised Linux, with a recompiled kernel, you have
> > better performance.
> Does not matter until you have heavy io access. During normal daily use
> VT is much more painless.

 Isn't heavy io a given for almost all normal applications, other than the
purely scientific. All "NORMAL" work the computer does is dependent on on heavy
io--whether it be database or webserver or mail server (Not DNS, but even there
you have network coming in). I personally prefer the paravirtualized, because,
even though the features doesnt' exist at the point of talking, in that setup
you have much greater control over the domU from the dom0, and you can do some
nifty mass actions from the host to all the virtual machines. One feature I
would like to see in the paravirtualized system is the ability to sync the
guest.

 Thanks.