RE: [Xen-users] Win XP install on physical drive partition

To: "'peter'" <pwithc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Win XP install on physical drive partition
From: "Archie Goodwin" <Goodwin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 12:04:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 03:04:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

        I'm not an expert, but I think, You must declare all disks within
one line, like:
disk = [ 'file:/xen/vserver/images/vm_w2k3srv.img,hda,w',
'file:/media/sda1/Install/System/W03ENX64EN2.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ]

- this worked well for me - booted from the CD, which has been installed to
the disk "C:". Maybe You should use

disk = [  'phy:/dev/sda?,hda,w',
'file:/etc/xen/images/Winxp.img,hdc:cdrom,w' ]

(as ? add the number of the partition you want to use) and maybe add the
following line to the configuration

# boot on floppy (a), hard disk (c) or CD-ROM (d)
boot="d"

        Good luck, Archie.