Re: [Xen-users] Using multiple logical volumes for partitions in domUs

To: xen list <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Using multiple logical volumes for partitions in domUs
From: "Ulrich Windl" <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:01:17 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 00:01:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 28 Feb 2007 at 21:43, Mike Lee wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
>   I am trying setup a guest domain config file to use multiple logical
> volumes as the installation partitions for the guest domain.  The guest OS
> boots from a CentOS 4.4 iso image.  However if I try and specify the
> physical device in the config file as partitions instead of hard drive
> devices, the CentOS installer says it does not detect any hard drives.

Same for SLES10. The solution was to install on a single simple image, then
shutdown, mount the LVs in Dom0, and copy the simple image's files to the
corresponding mounted LVs, do some adjustments like "mkinitrd in a chroot
environment", then the VM would start.

The problem may be that you have had? partitions, but no hda "disk".

Ulrich