[Xen-users] DomU does not start, problem with qemu / disk files?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] DomU does not start, problem with qemu / disk files?
From: Joop Marijne <joop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 14:05:46 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 01:40:13 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I am trying to install windows 2003 on a HP DL360G5 server with VT processors,
Xen 3.0.4 boots and runs fine, paravirtualized guests also work.

Now I am trying to boot a windows installer, the guest starts, but I am not able to connect to the vnc-server, and qemu errors

cat qemu-dm.13119.log
domid: 12
qemu: the number of cpus is 1
qemu_map_cache_init nr_buckets = 200
shared page at pfn:1ffff
buffered io page at pfn:1fffd
char device redirected to /dev/pts/1
I/O request not ready: 0, ptr: 0, port: 0, data: 0, count: 0, size: 0

I am not sure what file or disk is not ready here,

my confg:
(short)

import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
   arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
   arch_libdir = 'lib'

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder='hvm'
memory = 512
shadow_memory = 8
name = "winxp"
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, bridge=xenbr0' ]
disk = [ 'file:/mnt/win.img,hda,w' , 'file:/root/windows_2003.iso,hdb,r' ]
device_model = '/usr/lib64/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
boot="d"
sdl=0
vnc=1
vncpasswd='admin'
stdvga=0
serial='pty'
usb=1
usbdevice='tablet'

I have already tried to use a cdrom entry instead of a hdb file device for the cdrom driver, this gives the same result,

Beste regards,

Joop Marijne