[Xen-users] network-bridge problems with windows-server and xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] network-bridge problems with windows-server and xen
From: "Abri Nation" <abrination@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 20:34:42 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 11:34:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi @all,

I hope someone could help me with my network problem.

I have a Windows Server as VM, and i want to use bridged-networking.
In my Dom-O i use eth1 as the default network controller. Before i created
my Windows Server VM, i was possible to ping to the network and to the internet.
After i created my Windows Server, i could not ping anymore to the network and to the internet from
my XEN-system. But the Xen-System is reachable from the virtual Windows Server host.
The Windows System gets i right ip-adress from DHCP, and i can see the network controller.
If i end the network-bridge (network-bridge stop), an stop my virtual Windows Server,
ping is running without problems in and out the network.

Has anyone an idea what is going wrong? What and where ist my failure?

The System is an Intel Quadcore Xeon (VT) with Cent OS 4.4. (64Bit).
I installed Xen from tarball (3.0.4_1)

here is my virtual windows config file:
import os, re
arch = os.uname()[4]
if re.search('64', arch):
        arch_libdir = 'lib64'
else:
        arch_libdir = 'lib'
kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader"
builder = 'hvm'
memory = 4096
name = "w2k3-002"
vcpus = 4
acpi = 1
apic = 1
vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:16:3e:00:00:91, bridge=xenbr1' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VMdata/w2k3-003, ioemu:hda,w', 'file:/tmp/WINDOWS.ISO,hdc:cdrom,r' ]
device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
boot = "c"
sdl = 1
vnc = 0
vncviewer = 0

I also activated (how the manual discribes it) in the "xend-config.sxp"
"(network-script network-bridge)" and "(vif-script vif-bridge)".
Further on i tried the  /network-bridge start with serveral different vars
like bridge=xenbr1 and netdev=eth1.

Thank you very much for your help!
kind regards,
Abe