Re: [Xen-users] LVM on dom0?

> On 2/16/07, Lonny Selinger <lonny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've spent the past while researching this but I'm just not finding a
>> solution. I've been trying to get my xen kernel booting on a pretty much
>> stock
>> CentOS 4.4 installation. I installed Xen from src rpm and installed all the
>> requisite software and I'm sure it's with the ram disk but I can't figure
>> out
>> how to resolve this.
>
> Not from "src rpm", just rpm, right...??

Sorry you're right ... the kernel was:
kernel-xen-2.6.16.33-3.0.4.1.i386.rpm
and 'xen' was the src.rpm

>> With a stock kernel here is how my disk is layed out:
>> Here is my grub.conf file:
>> default=0
>> timeout=5
>> splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
>> hiddenmenu
>> title XEN (2.6.16.33-zen)
>>         root (hd0,0)
>>         kernel /xen.gz dom0_mem=131072 noreboot
>>         module /vmlinuz-2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1
>> root=/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 rhgb quiet
>>         module /initrd-2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1b.img
>
> Below, I'll assume that "b" is not there...

b was the one I created using mkinitrd (the src rpm install of xen created one
or at least it appeared to ... I used mkinitrd to make the one I did which I
labeled with a 'b' so I would know which was which.

>> Can anyone please shed some light here? I'm getting ready to manually create
>> an initrd but it's a bit extreme as I'm sure there is an easy solution to
>> this. Any help is greatly appreciated!!
>
> Not so "extreme", really... So  try :
> mkinitrd -f --preload=ide-disk --preload=ide-generic
> /boot/initrd-2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1.img 2.6.16.33-xen_3.0.4.1
>
> jerry

I'll give this a shot and see if the results change :)  ... when I said create
one manually I meant litterally dearchive the initrd and repack it manually.
I'll try this though and report back. Thanks!

--
Lonny