Re: [Xen-users] XEN future....? RESEARCH :- Do participate.....

Yeah i totally agree with all of you..

>The only possible thing that I can see taking Xen on is VMWare and their
product is now free.
Is vmware really free now, i didnt knew that. Yeah Vmware player is free but
i dont think workstation. But is there a lot any much difference between
them as both can have virtual machines on top.

Well one more point was coming into my mind.....
well is it possible to start the virtual machine in XEN directly with
reboot. I mean without going to Linux Host OS.
well many users who use windows wont go and pick up linux but if its
possible to directly start the windows virtual machine with reboot then user
doesnt have to deal with linux host and could get what he/she wants with
better performance, security and things like that...But i doubt if its
possible or not..?

>This is a generic linux problem which I'm not going to dicsuss here.

Yeah this is linux problem but as xen depends upon all the linux drivers so
here xen gets effected ...if you have new drivers for windows but you are
running it as a virtual machine over XEN then you might not be able to get
the drivers installed as it depends on linux drivers which are well
late...well this is what i think..
Correct me if m wrong.

At the moment even i cant think of many good pts that why would any normal
person would use XEN. Well it is not so user friendly like vmware n all are,
Yeh if it become lil user friendly then i am sure that XEN WOULD RULE
VIRTUALIZATION for sure......

But again its a matter of atleast 2 yrs i guess..