Re: [Xen-users] Re: dual core/dual proc

To: Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: dual core/dual proc
From: Bill Denney <denney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 09:28:29 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 07:49:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Matthew Palmer wrote:
I'm not real sure about the Xeon, but the Opterons come in three (from
memory) different "series" -- 1xx, 2xx, and 8xx.  That first digit indicates
the maximum number of CPUs that can work together, so any 2xx Opteron that's
dual core will satisfy your requirements, while a 1xx Opteron won't do the
job.
One thing to be aware of is that the Opteron hundreds series (1xx, 2xx, and 8xx) do not provide the HVM capabilities. For those, you've got to go to the thousands series (1xxx, 2xxx, and 8xxx).

Bill