Re: [Xen-users] how to start X in the guest domain

> xencons='ttyS0'
> console='ttyS0'
> video='xenfb'

These are arguments to the Linux kernel so they should go in the "extra"
param, i.e.

extra = 'xencons=ttyS0 console=ttyS0 video=xenfb'

> > Also, did you check the vfb driver was compiled into the guest?  It's not
> > built by default.
>
> Hmm, really? On Xen 3.0.4 from XenSource it is enabled as a module.
> Does it have to be compiled in instead of a module?
> Will try this... takes a while...
>
> BTW: when trying to load the module, it says
>
> FATAL: Error inserting vfb
> (/lib/modules/2.6.16.33-xen/kernel/drivers/video/vfb.ko): No such
> device or address
>
> I'll be back after Kernel build with framebuffer + fb console driver
> as non-module :)

Sorry, I hadn't seen it was built as a module.  I was probably talking rubbish
then :-)  Still if you ever want to see boot messages on it you'll need to
put the module in the initrd or build it statically.

I'm not sure why inserting the vfb module didn't work for you...

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!