Re: [Xen-users] Veth0 missing

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Veth0 missing
From: Ryan <niespam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:16:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:16:45 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cyril,

I'm not sure I did this correctly (I'm having weird network issues), but here's how I did it.

1. create a file called /etc/xen/scripts/my-network-script
#!/bin/sh
dir=$(dirname "$0")
"$dir/network-bridge" "$@" vifnum=0 bridge=xenbr0 netdev=eth0

make sure my-network-script is executable....
[ryan@xen01 ~]$ chmod 744 /etc/xen/scripts/my-network-script

2. add the following line to /etc/xen/xend- config.sxp
(network-script my-network-script)

3. create a configuration file for your virtual OS (if you haven't already done that) and add
vif    = [ 'bridge=xenbr0']

4. Create the bridge.
brctl addbr xenbr0
brctl stp xenbr0 off
brctl setfd xenbr0 0
ip link set xenbr0 up
brctl addif xenbr0 eth0

As I said, I don't know if this is complete, take it with a grain of salt.

Regards,
Ryan