[Xen-users] Changing gears with wallclocks

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Changing gears with wallclocks
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:38:55 +0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:38:57 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good day to all,

Does anyone know if altering the clock type (turning on independent
clocks via the proc/ setting) goes into effect immediately, or is a
re-start of the guests needed before this setting takes effect?

I would just experiment and see, but my guests are in production and I'd
like to avoid an intentional time warp just to see if the settings stay
independent, all of them are busy time stamping various things.

I need to setup a ntp server on just one of the guests that runs just a
few seconds behind real time, but leave the rest of the guests on real
time honing into a 'true' ntp server. Am I being over-optimistic
thinking I can do this without stop/starting the guests?

Thanks in advance!
-Tim