Re: [Xen-users] Passing kernel parameters from vm script

On Mon, 2007-01-29 at 15:59 +0100, Henning Sprang wrote:
> On 1/29/07, Reinhard Brandstaedter <Reinhard.Brandstaedter@xxxxxx>
wrote:

> > However I guess it's because im using
> > bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
> > this is not working. I guess I need to boot the kernel directly to
pass
> > arguments, right?
>
> When you use pygrub, this means that the grub config _inside_ of your
> guest disk is used to boot the kernel _inside_ your guest disk.
> So you have to set parameters there.
> I don't know of pygub can be handed over some additional stuff that it
> again hands over to the kernel booted with this grub config - read the
> source :)

I found a discussion on the xensource list (googled it but lost it 'cos
firefox crashed :-) where someone posted a patch to override pygrubs
parameters. The discussion was about if this is useful or not or even
dangerous.

> > But nevertheless if I set dhcp = dhcp in the vm config file this
> > parameter is somehow passed to the kernel and to init:
> > [root@apache-2 ~]# cat /proc/1/environ
> > HOME=/TERM=linuxip=:1.2.3.4::::eth0:dhcpSELINUX_INIT=YES
>
> Oh, really? Interesting!
> Did you try the "bootargs" option, too? I never used it personally,
> but it might be helping you?!

There is a bootargs option? really? Couldn't find that documented or in
the example files...

Reinhard