RE: Xen-Staging [WAS: Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] Random swap o

To: "Daniele Palumbo" <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Xen-Staging [WAS: Re: [Xen-devel] Fwd: Re: [Xen-users] Random swap of interfaces at domU startup]
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:03:46 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:04:06 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There's a mailing list for the staging tree, but I don't believe there
is any way to actually get to the mercurial that it gives you info from.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone on this mailing list uses the staging
tree either - since the whole reason for it's existance is that the
xen-unstable archive gets a bit more stable (staging tree is what's used
to build from to perform some trivial testing to ensure that the
xen-unstable tree is actually not completely broken). If some people
start using the staging tree as a xen-unstable-unstable, I expect
there'd be even more confusion about which version of what things are
being used and by whom - unstable isn't exactly known to always work
DESPITE the extra testing.

[I subscribe to the staging tree because part of my job is to follow the
development of Xen, and I get a day or so advance notice of things
"coming up", compared to following the Xen-Changelog mailing list].

I probably shouldn't even have mentioned this in the first place... ;-)

--
Mats