Re: [Xen-users] Creating an FC6 bootstrap image

Gary P. wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am having some big problems getting an FC6 image bootstrapped, maybe someone
> can shed some light on some of the issues.

SNIP
> I am also getting some error messages every few minutes related to init:
>
> INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "6" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "4" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "2" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "5" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes
> INIT: Id "3" respawning too fast: disabled for 5 minutes

Look for this in /etc/inittab

# Run gettys in standard runlevels
1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1
2:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty2
3:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty3
4:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty4
5:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty5
6:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty6

Comment out 2-6, you've only got one tty and that's 1.
Or you can delete those lines, which ever you prefer.

Jim.