[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Does vt-x itself have perf. impact on Hyperv

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, "Xen devel list" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Does vt-x itself have perf. impact on Hypervisor w/o considering HVM?
From: "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:15:02 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 08:14:51 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Without VT-x support, binary translation has to be used to make those non-virtualizable instructions throw exception. With VT-x support, no binary translation is needed. So you mean, binary translation could be implemented as efficient as they are done in hardware?

Thanks,

Liang

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> To: "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>; "Xen devel list" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>