[Xen-users] COM1 problem - Windows under xen 3.0.3

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] COM1 problem - Windows under xen 3.0.3
From: Aleš Rom <ales.rom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:58:36 +0100
Delivery-date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 01:58:16 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi.

I'm new to this list, but not no linux :) I'm running WindowsXP as guest with latest official FC6 xen kernel. (2.6.19-1.2895.fc6xen). Everything is running nice , but serial (COM1) port. I'm unable to access my serial device from win guest. I can see the serial port in windows device manager. Unfortunatly the software for accessing this device

(http://www2.sma.de/en/solar-technology/products/communication/communication-products-software/sunny-boy-control/overview/index.html)

only exist in windows so I have no other options.

I boot xen with xencons=off option, but still nothing. I read all docs I can find, so this list is my last hope. Is there anyone who has managed accessing COM port from windows as guest under xen 3.0.3 ?

Ales