Re: [Xen-users] What does IP 0.0.0.0 mean?

To: "Christopher G. Stach II" <cgs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] What does IP 0.0.0.0 mean?
From: Tom Miller <madprogextrodinr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:53:27 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 12:53:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
Tom Miller wrote:

Christopher G. Stach II wrote:

Tom Miller wrote:

I am trying to setup Firebird (FB) on a guest (DomU).  I should be
listening on 143.0.0.86:3050

When I run netstat | grep LIST  it seems that Firebird is listening on
Port 0.0.0.0:3050  .

I would have expected 127.0.0.1:3050  or  143.0.0.86:3050.

After talking to the hosting group (were I work) about this, they
suggested that it might be the bride address back to the host.

If it is, how do I get FB to Listen on a "normal" port.  If not, how do
I get FB to listen on a "normal" port?  :-)

Any local address.

Whenever I try to attach to Firebird,  I get "connection actively
refused by host"
How can I track down what is blocking the connection to the server?

Thanks to both of you for you quick answer.

Firebird might be binding before your preferred interface comes up, but
I don't think this is the Firebird users list. :)

I don't think that is the problem as FB works fine with Suse in VMWare and without being in a guest Xen session.  In addition this is a Linux error message, not a FB error message.  I have also asked them these same questions.   So I am hoping between the two lists we can figure this out so the next guy can use this knowledge.