Re: [Xen-users] forcing disk in read only also if mounted

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] forcing disk in read only also if mounted
From: Daniele Palumbo <daniele@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:29:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 05:28:26 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 13:44, Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
> Because it's a retarded idea.  Hopefully for the last time:
[...]
> w! - Force writable export: You really know what you're doing because
> you're probably using a cluster filesystem and you have multiple
> mounters with possible writers, and the filesystem can handle it without
> shitting the bed.
>
> r! doesn't make sense.  Either mount all of them read only, use w! with
> a normal filesystem and suffer the consequences, or use w! with a
> cluster aware filesystem.

ok, so what if i want to give a clustered fs in readonly (assuming that all
clustered fs are not "secure", cause they are all - who more, who less - on
the bleeding edge)?

that close the thread, for me, cause i've seen that anyway "r!" does not
exist.
i'll see (maybe on devel) if a patch can be interesting (not only for me) or
not.

bye
d.