Re: [Xen-users] configure advanced networking

To: Rob Mokkink <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] configure advanced networking
From: Jac Kersing <j.kersing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 17:00:30 +0100 (CET)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:00:47 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, 14 Jan 2007, Rob Mokkink wrote:

What I want to accomplish is the following:
Eth0 = for xen dom0 only
Eth1 = for guests only
Eth2 = for guests only

I started out with (trying to) use Xen just recently, so this might not be the best way, however I would instruct dom0 to ignore the cards pciback.hide=(pciid-of-card1)(pciid-of-card2) and make them visible to the domUs you want to use them. That way only domU has access to the card (domU needs a driver for the hardware to work of course)

Check http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/xen/readmes/user/user.html chapter 5.3.1 for details.

Best regards.

Jac

---
 Jac Kersing            Technical Consultant   The-Box Development
 j.kersing@xxxxxxxxxxx         CISSP           http://www.the-box.com