[Xen-users] Xen with 3 networks and NAT

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen with 3 networks and NAT
From: Asko Tamm <askot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 12:30:25 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 02:30:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear All,

I'm having problems setting up NAT with my Xen 3.03 on Debian Sarge.

My current setup -

domU networking:
eth0: WAN ip
eth2: 192.168.1.5/24
dummy0: 192.168.120.1/28

In xend-config:
(network-script 'network-bridge netdev=dummy0')
(vif-script vif-bridge)

iptables & NAT:
echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

dom0 (vm01) networking:
eth0: 192.168.120.2, gw 192.168.120.1

:~# brctl show
xenbr2          8000.feffffffffff       no              pdummy0
                                                        vif0.2
                                                        vif2.0

The goal is to get NAT working from dom0 to both networks (192.168.1/24
and to internet). I can ping 192.168.120.1 from dom0, and ping works for
WAN ip and 192.168.1.5. But dom0 does not see any other addresses on WAN
and 192.168.1/24 network..

The other goal is to have possibility to have ip aliases in dom0.

What am I missing here? The packets coming from dom0 do not reach
iptables nat rules, counters do not increase.. Wonder why?

 What could be a better way to achieve this setup? Xen networking is
still a bit fuzzy to me..

--
asko