Re: [Xen-users] New problem with winxp

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, art.fore@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] New problem with winxp
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 19:20:45 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 11:19:07 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Have you changed the CD-ROM in the drive?  If so, you probably need to use the
Qemu monitor (ctrl+alt+2) to change the disk.  You should probably "eject"
and then "change" it.  e.g.

ctrl+alt+2
eject cdrom
<eject and change the CD-ROM in the real drive now>
change cdrom /dev/cdrom
ctrl+alt+1

Now the new CD-Rom should be available in the guest.  If you'd already changed
the CD-ROM, going through these motions would likely work anyhow.  I'm not
sure if the "eject" is strictly necessary...

Let us know if this solves you problem, or if you require further assistance.

Cheers,
Mark

On Sunday 31 December 2006 10:36, Art Fore wrote:
> Just installed winxp in HVM under Suse 10.2. Now, I cannot access the
> CDROM drive even though it worked fine during the installation. Windows
> exploer show it as D drive, but when I put in a data CDROM, it keeps
> asking to install cdrom. Device manager shows the CDROM as QEMMU CDROM
> drive.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Art

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.