Re: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Xen-3.0.3 migration problems

To: Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] RE: [Xen-devel] Xen-3.0.3 migration problems
From: Adam Seering <aseering@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:15:03 -0500
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Bhatia, Nikhil" <bhatia@xxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 09:15:20 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I'm having this same problem. The relocation service is enabled on both machines; neither has a firewall (sure, I care about security...), and there is no firewall between them.

For a live migration, do the dom0 kernels and the source/target PC's hardware have to be the same? I'm migrating from a stock Debian Etch- based Xen AMD64 system on a Pentium D 8xx (no HVM) to a Fedora Core 6 Xen AMD64 system on a Pentium D 9xx, with HVM support enabled.

Adam