[Xen-users] Re: trouble with TCP?

Kees Cook wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 21, 2005 at 04:37:04PM -0700, Nivedita Singhvi wrote:
>> The next issue is that your tcp_mem seems to be
>> on the disfunctionally low.
>
> Hm.  It's the same on xenU and xen0 (but way lower than another machine
> I looked at).  Both xenU and xen0 have 96M allocated for main memory.
> (And, xen0 has no problems with TCP connections to other hosts.)
>
>> Your netstat -s output seems truncated on domU (only had the first 2
>> Linux MIB counters). You might have otherwise been able to confirm
>> whether you could even open a socket or were hitting memory pressure.
>
> Hm, that is interesting.  It's actually not truncated; that's how it
> looks.  If I do a "telnet localhost 22" (which connects fine) the
> "TcpExt" section changes to:
>
> TcpExt:
>     1 packets directly queued to recvmsg prequeue.
>     1 of bytes directly received from prequeue
>     1 packet headers predicted
>     2 acknowledgments not containing data received
>     3 predicted acknowledgments
>     0 TCP data loss events
>
>> How did this get so low? Bump that up by a factor of 100
>> each (assuming your domain has enough memory allocated, forgot
>> to ask).
>
> I bumped it; no luck.
>
>> It used to work fine on unstable about 2 months back. Haven't tested
>> the testing tree myself, unfortunately.
>
> How strange.  I guess I need to build my very own to see if recent stuff
> fixes it.  Pretty strange.  Thanks for looking at this.  I'm quite
> baffled.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread
(http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/1548 for the full
discussion), but did you ever get any result with this, Kees?

I believe i'm having exactly the same problem as you were on my current
setup.  (http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/18651
for full details)

Paul
<http://paulgear.webhop.net>
--
OpenOffice.org is the no-strings-attached office package.  If you enjoy
the test drive, keep the car!  http://why.openoffice.org