[Xen-users] Bounty for Network Config & Vnc Help on Gentoo

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Bounty for Network Config & Vnc Help on Gentoo
From: "Adam Tybor" <adam.tybor@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 00:23:51 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 22:23:46 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I am asking for some support to get my server up and running with
xen-3.0.4 on gentoo.  I have $100 I can pay via paypal to someone
willing to resolve my issues, my guess is it would take less than hour
for a xen expert as its just configuration issues.

I have had this new hardware for over 2 weeks and have been trying to
get xen running on it since then.  I was ready to throw the towel in
until I got a booting windows environment via XenExpress.  Since then,
I have had nothing but problems trying to configure networking with
bonding in Gentoo and trying to get vnc working to install hvm.
Should someone choose to help I will certainly write up a posting to
share with everyone as I know these are some issues that other novices
are having as well.

Hardware
Dual Xeon Core 2 Duo
4GB Ram
1 Sun QFE hidden from dom0
2 Intel 8003ES2LAN adapaters

My Setup:
* Gentoo minimal install originally running hardened sources x86_64
* Intel 7.3.20 E1000 driver as a module
* Xen 3.0.4 Release (built today, with patched source for Intel 7.3.20
E1000 module, the release version does not have support for the nic)
* Compiled with XENFB_TOOLS=y
* vncserverlib 0.8.2
* No X11

Needed setup:
* vncserver working so I can run new hvm installs via vncviewer from a
remote computer
* networking configured so 2 intel nics are bonded in active/fail mode
* Sun QFE hidden and passed through to an HVM version of pfsense

Thanks,

Adam