Re: [Xen-users] Why creating DomU failed (seems it is due to LVM)

Christopher G. Stach II wrote:
Steven Dugway wrote:
This is not working.

There is some mystery about the initrd setup.
I did everything I could test on my own and from suggestions on this
list, in vain.

It is hard to make timely decisions with the current state of affairs
with Xen. I spent 4 months since the first broken package in FC5 in
september to try to get my Centos domU running and nothing works, which
means I am stuck with old version of Xen. I had hope the FC6 version
would fix it but no. The centos no better. Does anybody know a GNU linux
distro that is serious about supporting Xen?

I did figure out the howtos of mkinird and the ramdisk concepts, the
problem is I do not know what to put/modify inside to make it work.
This is very frustrating.

Thanks anyway.

Plenty of people are using it with plenty of success.  It works on
multiple distributions.  It works for people who compile it on their
own.  Where do you think the problem lies?

Well, maybe it is because I am not a kernel hacker?

Looks like many people have had the same problem for months. It is not limited to FC5-6 or CentOS, looks like people with SUSE and Debian have many similar problems. I remember when moving from FC4 to FC5 I had a similar problem, had to rebuild all my domU, now this is no longer an option for me, the alternative (droping Xen for now) seems more appropriate, the question then would be for what? Vmware, OpenVZ etc. all have pros and cons so I would rather fix the Xen problem with booting, after all if you cannot boot you cannot Xen.

++

--
sTEVEN