RE: [Xen-users] problem with installing linux Ent. over XEN

To: "anant" <ANigam@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] problem with installing linux Ent. over XEN
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:47:23 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:47:51 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, creating an ISO image isn't very hard. Something like this:

dd if=/dev/hdd of=~/myimage.iso bs=512
[/dev/hdd is the device that is your cdrom, which may be a different
device in your system].

However, if you have a para-virtual system, that's not really going to
help you a whole lot, as you need to essentially install the files
needed to run Linux on in a "image-file", and you can't use the ISO to
do that in PV-mode, only in HVM.

As I've said before, there are quite a few different web-sites, so if
you search in google for "installing paravirtual linux xen" you'll
probably find more than two pages that are good hits...

--
Mats