[xen-users] networking problems

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [xen-users] networking problems
From: "David Brown" <dmlb2000@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:37:47 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:37:59 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I can't seem to connect to the internet when I start xend. I'm not the
greatest networking guru so I'm probably doing something wrong. I have
a very simple setup rhel4 one nic and the nic has to use dhcp so mac
filtering will work.

I've read the XenNetworking page on the wiki but am still not quite
getting things.
Since I have to have the right mac to get to the outside world, I need
to change one of the internal devices to that mac as well? which one?
peth0? should I change the eth0 mac to something different since
having two with the same mac would cause problems?

I'm kinda at a loss, since my networking skills aren't that good. Any
help would be appreciated.

- David Brown