RE: [Xen-users] No Xen/Windows on AMD

To: "'Andreas Fromm'" <afromm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] No Xen/Windows on AMD
From: "Alain Black" <hippy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 12:54:19 -0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:54:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>could you post more info about what you did to get windows up and runnig on
that Mainboard? Maybe the >domU-file would be enough. There have been
several reports about that Board not supporting hvm-domains.

Here's my /etc/xen/vm/bsihds1.  I'm sorry that there's not much to tell,
under SLES10 the install just went smoothly.  I did another install from the
CD that I made the win2k3std.iso from.  The VM has had SP1 and all available
updates from Microsoft installed.

The original install was done with sdl enabled because I can't stand the
mouse in VNC.  Please let me know any other information that you'd like and
I'll be more than happy to share it.

disk = [ 'file:/var/lib/xen/images/bsihds1/hda,ioemu:hda,w' ]
memory = 768
vcpus = 1
builder = 'hvm'
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'
name = 'bsihds1'
vif = [ 'type=ioemu,mac=00:16:3e:45:72:34' ]
stdvga = 0
sdl = 0
vnc = 1
vncviewer = 0