[Xen-users] ifup fails on CentOS 4

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] ifup fails on CentOS 4
From: Michael Watters <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 13:56:53 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 10:57:15 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I have some domU accounts running CentOS 4.4 and whenever I try to bring up the network interface it fails with the following errors:

[root@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] ~ # ifup eth0
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Usage: arping [-fqbDUAV] [-c count] [-w timeout] [-I device] [-s source] destination
-f : quit on first reply
-q : be quiet
-b : keep broadcasting, don't go unicast
-D : duplicate address detection mode
-U : Unsolicited ARP mode, update your neighbours