RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 with a AMD X2 processor

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 with a AMD X2 processor
From: "Frank Pikelner" <Frank.Pikelner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 14:18:59 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:19:18 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> So, i suppose, current Xen version is not able to use SVM capability
of
> my MB/Processor.
>
> My test box is:
>
> Hardware : MB Asus M2NPV-VM with Nvidia chipset and 1 Gb RAM
>             AMD Athlon X2 processor (dual core - SVM capable)
> Software : Ubuntu 6.06,Ubuntu 6.10 both for i386 and for AMD64
>             and FC6 for i386
>
> Xen : last binary tarball 3.0.3 for 32 bit SMP and for 64 bit SMP

It might be useful to keep a record of hardware known to work and
hardware with issues as it may help people working with Xen. Our system
has been running without issue paravirtualized and HVM.

Our working test box is:

 Hardware : MB Asus P5LD2-VM R2.0 with Intel 945G chipset and 1 GB RAM
            Intel Core2 Duo 6600 (ACPI 2.0, and ACPI/APIC enabled)
            ATA and SATA drives were used individual and SATA RAID
              Intel 1Gb built-in NIC, Intel built-in video
 Software : Debian 3.1
 Guests   : FC6, Debian 3.1, Gentoo 2006.1
                Windows XP/2003
 Xen        : 3.0.3 for 32 bit SMP