Re: [Xen-users] Xen Dom0 with FibreChannel (FC) can't export disk to Dom

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xen Dom0 with FibreChannel (FC) can't export disk to DomU
From: Dietmar Simons <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 10:01:48 +0100
Cc: Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 01:02:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

thanks Ulrich for your answer.

You have right, it is not the type of cable, but it is the driver!

At first, I use the kernel LSI mpt drivers.
It doesn't work, I can't export an image or a partition from Dom0 to a DomU.

Now I get the original LSI drivers from the LSI Homepage and build new fusion/mpt modules for my kernel.

What should I say: It works!!!!!!

I can now export an image or a partition from Dom0 to a DomU as hdx or sdx.

Thanks all for your help

Wish all the best
Dietmar Simons
(Neuss, Germany)