Re: [Xen-users] Xen and 2.6.19

shal@xxxxxxx <shal@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  I have a Intel P965 motherboard ans I have to use a 2.6.19 kernel if I want
>  use correctly this card (or a patched 2.6.18 but support is not good).
>  These day, I use a fedora core 6 (a patched 2.6.18.1). But I can not boot a
>  windows in fully vitrualization (I have a success with a linux (but some
>  keyboard and mouse problem)).
>
>  The fedora use an 3.0.3-rc3 xen and I want test the latest xen.
>
>  My question: How built a recent kernel with a recent xen ?
>  I didn't found howto about this customisation.

What I do is

  make mkpatches

Then use the resulting linux-2.6-xen.patch file to patch the kernel
source of your choice.

  patch -p1 <linux-2.6-xen.patch

The further you stray from the current Xen kernel the more likely you
are to have to fix up rejects by hand.  I haven't tried patching
2.6.19.

--
Nick Craig-Wood <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> -- http://www.craig-wood.com/nick