[Xen-users] Tecra M5 / VT bootup hard lock

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Tecra M5 / VT bootup hard lock
From: xen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 02:06:14 +1030
Delivery-date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 07:36:47 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Everyone,

I've got a Toshiba Tecra M5 (Intel T2400) which has the VT features,
but I'm experiencing a hard lock on boot (and fan shoots to 100%) when
I enable the VT option in bios and boot into Fedora Core 6 kernel
2.6.18-1.2798.fc6xen, which according to the RPM changelog is using
xen 3.0.3 patches.

The last few lines before lockup are as follows:

--
Grant table initialized
NET: Registered protocol family 16

This only happens when 'Virtualization Technology' is set to yes in
the bios.  The fedora xen kernel boots fine without it enabled.  Has
anyone experienced this problem or might be able to assist debugging
it?  I've tried booting with noacpi, noapic as kernel arguements
seperately and both at the same time no avail.

Thanks in advice for any assistance.

Regards,

Chris Bennett