RE: [Xen-users] webU and dom0 freeze

To: "Chris Fanning" <christopher.fanning@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] webU and dom0 freeze
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 12:06:56 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 03:08:41 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My first thought is to connect a serial console onto another machine and
run Xen with "debug=y" - that may well catch something. Is dom0
completely unresponsive, and if so, does CTRL-A three times on the
console get you into Xen? There's a couple of commands you can use
there, "q" and "r", I think.

Also attempting to find out what causes it to go wrong would be good. A
loop in Dom0 that does "xm info; xm list; sleep 1" forever (possibly to
a different machine so that you can see the result after the machine
goes down. There may be other things to look for, but that's a start.

--
Mats