Re: [Xen-users] WinXP domU lockup

> Set vcpus to 1 and PAE to 0. No change. This all from starting with
> virt-manager. However, I cannot save machine, always have to dor
> File, New machine, and fillinallof the blanks again. Gets to be a
> real pain, but changing the winxp hvm file does affect it.
I've never used virt-manager, so can't speak for it's idiosyncrasies.

> When I try to execute xm create winxp, it starts up, then gets to a
> point and asks to please install GLOBAL/DEVICES/CDROM.
Just to confirm, this is a message on the window which pops up after
you do xm create, and not something in one of the Xen logs?

> If I modify the disk = [ 'file:/home/afore/VM_images/WinXP,hda,w', ]
> to disk = [ 'file:/home/afore/VM_images/WinXP,hda,w', ',hdc:cdrom,r'] and
> remove the cdrom='/dev/hdc, windows then has a message about inserting
> the winxp disk, so at least it is finding it, but cannot read it.
> xm dmesg then shows the
> (XEN) (GUEST: 4) ata1 master: QEMU CD-ROM ATAPI-4 CD-Rom/DVD-Rom
> (XEN) (GUEST: 4) ata1  slave: Unknown device
> again.
What if you say

disk = [ 'file:/home/afore/VM_images/WinXP,hda,w', 'phy:/dev/hdc,hdc:cdrom,r']

instead?

Steven.