RE: [Xen-users] priority of dom0?

To: "Sven Köhler" <skoehler@xxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] priority of dom0?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 16:21:31 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 07:22:22 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Whilst you can do this, the risk is that you get other problems if you do that
(like one DomU running away and Dom0 not getting a chance to run instead :-(
which is slightly worse, in case you would like to for example KILL that
DomU!)...  You also want Dom0 to have a high priority (or to be able to run for
as long as it needs) to be able to correctly and quickly respond to IO requests
made on behalf of DomU's. Unfortunately, this counteracts the Dom0 being low
priority...

It's probably a better idea to have a separate DomU that gets to do the
compiling...

--
Mats