Re: [Xen-users] "received packet with own address as source address"

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] "received packet with own address as source address"
From: Theo Cabrerizo Diem <diem@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 13:59:16 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 05:00:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello Tiago, one more brazilian guy around here ;)

I'm just having a quick look on the list messages, since today I'm a bit
out of time, just maybe this helps you ..

I got that message when my xenbr0/peth0 (yes, the real eth0, renamed by
xend scripts) interfaces (or whatever bridge name you are using) have a
MAC address configured in it.

I don't know rh-style configs, but on command line :
ip link set xenbr0 down
ip link set xenbr0 addr fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
ip link set xenbr0 up

same with peth0
ip link set peth0 down
ip link set peth0 addr fe:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
ip link set peth0 up

just don't forget to write down the mac address of your peth0 (ip link
show peth0) before setting it to the broadcast one and put it in your
dom0 eth0 (ip link set eth0 down; ip link set eth0 addr <your_mac_addr>;
ip link peth0 up).

If it works, as homework you look how to do this in the normal network
boot scripts ;)

Ate mais ;)

[]'s

should solve the problem