Re: [Xen-users] Newbie to XEN

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Newbie to XEN
From: Thorolf Godawa <nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 17:17:45 +0200 (MEST)
Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 08:18:17 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I need to use a virtual machine with SUSE 10.0 as the host and Windows
XP Pro as the guest.
first you need a SVN-capatable CPU for running HVM-guests, f.ex. an
Athlon 64 with AM2 socket!

There is a XEN button in YAST2 bu the error I get from that states I
must have a XEN kernel installed.
See my howto on http://www.godacon.de/download/SL101_Xen_V12.pdf .

I suggest using SuSE 10.1 reloaded or you have to install Xen 3.0.3
manually (don't use the delivered Xen), may be the instruction for RHLE
WS4 can help you or you find mor infos how to do it in the links.

But it was quite easy to get running Xen 3.0.2 on an old SuSE 10.0
system and on an Ubuntu 5.10 system!
--

Chau y hasta luego,

Thorolf