[Xen-users] CDROM Install of unmodified guest in FC6 Test2 host fails ..

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] CDROM Install of unmodified guest in FC6 Test2 host fails ..what to do ?
From: "Ranganathan, Shobha" <shobha.ranganathan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:01:17 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 14:01:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I am currently having a setup of hosts FC6 and para virtualized guest FC6 Test2.

I am trying to install unmodified guest FC5. I used xenguest-install.py to generate a config file for me. This I edited to get to run unmodified guest but no success yet.

When I do “xm create xenbox_G3FC5.hvm” it says “Started xenbox_G3FC5” . I get the message that “Fatal not a bootable disk” in a separate window.

This is because the disk does not have OS image/install

I tried CdROM option but that is not working either.

What are other options for installing unmodified guest OS FC5 for me ?

name = "xenbox_G3FC5"
builder = "hvm"
memory = "256"
uuid = "b18f6bb7-ac4c-b8e7-fb59-0097fea1c73e"
disk = [ 'file:/root/xenguest3,ioemu:hda,w' ]
vif = [
'type=ioemu,bridge=xenbr0,mac=00:16:3e:42:ac:69' ]
on_reboot   = 'restart'
on_crash    = 'restart'
kernel = '/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader'
device_model = '/usr/lib/xen/bin/qemu-dm'
sdl = 1 # use SDL for graphics
vncviewer = 0 # spawn vncviewer by default
nographic = 0 # don't use graphics
serial='pty' # enable serial console

Regards

Shobha Ranganathan

"The significant challenges we face cannot be resolved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." Albert Einstein