Re: [Xen-users] Re: iSCSI in guest domains

To: Michael Leatherman <michael.leatherman@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: iSCSI in guest domains
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 10:16:29 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 00:17:17 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 03:33:38PM -0700, Michael Leatherman wrote:
> Thanks for the response.  I'm still encountering issues with iSCSI - maybe
> an extra hint or two will get me over the hump.
>
> I'm trying to compile open-scsi in my domU virtual domain -
> Here are the versions -
>
> open-iscsi-1.0-485
> 2.6.16-xenU

Don't use 1.0-485, use latest SVN version (2.0-something).

And be sure to use the compiled modules from open-iscsi tree.. not the ones
already in kernel.

So after you install the modules to /lib/modules/<version>, check that you
don't have the modules in two places.. remove the ones that come with the
kernel and run "depmod -a". If I remember correctly, open-iscsi does not
overwrite the modules already in the kernel, but installs copies to another
location which can cause problems (modprobe loads the original modules, not
the newly compiled ones).

-- Pasi