[Xen-users] 32bit DomuU on 64-bit Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] 32bit DomuU on 64-bit Xen
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 17:14:21 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 08:14:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

from what I could find digging around, it is ok to run a 32-bit DomU with a 64bit Xen/Dom0 as long as you use linux32 to avoid the package utilities from trying to install 64 bit packages in the DomUs.

What I'm not sure of is if you can run linux32 without modifying the DomU init scripts (by using initrd for example) so that the DomU never thinks it is running on a 64-bit arch. If you can do it with a custom initrd, I'd like to see one example.

As anyone set up such an environment or knows such one?

Lionel.