[Xen-users] networking after xen 3.0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] networking after xen 3.0
From: "William Man" <billybahlah@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:42:51 +0000
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 15:43:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

I have been trying to install xen 3.0 on my laptop, and having a few probelms.  I have tried with Ubuntu dapper and with Suse 10.1.  Both normal setups work, and eth0 is configured.

But when i start with the xen kernel, i get no network connection, ie eth0 does not exist.  I manually insert the module for the card (b44) but still no network.  I read in the manual that networking should work 'out of the box'.

for Ubuntu i built xen 3.0.3 for source, and Suse i obtained via apt/rpm 3.0.2.

Has anyone had similar issues?  Any help is much appriecianted.

Thanks in advance

Get the inside track on what's happening at MSN. Sign up for the MSN Insider newsletter here.