[Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 change cdrom with windows 2003

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 3.0.3 change cdrom with windows 2003
From: "Jman" <jmandawg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 21:04:31 -0400
Delivery-date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 18:05:07 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

So I’ve got windows 2003 running on xen 3.0.3.

This is the line in the hvm config file where I set up my cdrom

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/VG_Guests/w2k3-001,ioemu:hda,w','phy:/dev/cdrom,hdb:cdrom,r' ]

Seems to work fine when I have a disk in the cdrom and start up the VM, but I can’t eject the cdrom, it goes right back in.  And If I do manage to get a different cd in there, the VM does not recognize it and thinks the cdrom is empty.  Dom0 does recognize the new cd I put in.  I need to be able to change cd’s while the VM is running. (I’ve also tried using phy:/dev/hdc which is the device /dev/cdrom points to and I get the same results.)

Also if I use an empty cd rom (disk = [‘,hdb:cdrom,r’]) how do put a cd into the cdrom and mount it while the VM is running?  If you can’t what is the purpose of the empty cdrom?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I’m new to xen.

Thanks in advance.

Jman