[Xen-users] Newbee questions

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Newbee questions
From: "Peter Senna Tschudin" <peter.senna@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 18:57:34 -0200
Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 13:59:19 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dear List Members,

I use virtualization software for years. I'm trying Xen with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux 5 Beta 1 but I'm having problems.

My questions (newbee questions):

- How do I choose kernel, ramdisk and init for my guests? The only
configuration that partially worked for me is to use xen's kernel and
init from host's /boot directory.

- What is the recomended way of installing guests in Xen?

- Why the guests from Xen's live CD does not work in my host? It
partially works if I use xen's kernel found in my host's /boot
directory.

- What does my host's grub.conf file do to my guests?

- Red Hat included xenguest-install.py that does not work any way.
What does this script look for in the nfs sharing? When I use this
script I got one error in libvirt about not found domains. Does I need
to do something before running it? (xm create test1)

The partial work status of my guests is that the guest's kernel boots
up but it does not find any root filesystem doesn't matter what I put
in my config files.

Best Regards,

Peter

--