Re: [Xen-users] ERROR: Kernel image does not have a a.out9 header.

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 21:51 +0200, Henning Sprang wrote:
On 7/28/06, Roland May <Tinitus1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I get this Errors :

Please don't post full, uncommented, logfiles and let us figure what
your problem is.

You should tell us what you are trying to achieve, what you did to get
there, and what the symptoms of the error are.

This makes helping you much easier, Thanks.

Henning

I am getting this same error while trying to create a Centos-4.4 vm on a SLES 10 server. First I thought the vm image was not the same file-system type. So I made a new image and formatted to reiserfs format and moved the data across to the new image. But I still get the same errors:

Here is the debug log:

ERROR: Kernel image does not have a a.out9 header.
ERROR: Unrecognized image format
ERROR: Error constructing guest OS

and the console error is:

sles10:/etc/xen/auto # xm create -c centos-4.4
Using config file "centos-4.4".
Error: (22, 'Invalid argument')

Any help appreciated. Thanks

Jeffery