[Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.3 released!

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.3 released!
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:55:44 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 14:56:07 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Folks,

We're pleased to announce the official release of xen 3.0.3!

This release includes many new features as well as enhanced
stability and performance. Some highlights include:

  - a new easy-to-use CPU scheduler which includes weights, caps,
    and automatic SMP load-balancing;
  - support for Xen-oprofile to allow measurement and optimization
    of code paths;
  - greatly enhanced support for unmodified ("hvm") guests including
    Windows and legacy Linux operating systems;
  - support for dynamic-allocation and copy-on-write disks
("blktap/qcow");
  - packet segmentation offload in guests to improve network
performance;
  - enhanced support for IA64 (IPF) systems; and initial support for
Power.

You can download source and binary tarballs, RPMs, and a live 'demo' CD
from:
  http://www.xensource.com/downloads

As always, you can also get the source using mercurial from:
  http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.0.3-testing.hg

Cheers,
Ian (on behalf of the whole Xen dev team)