Re: [Xen-users] Routing with Xen-Bridge

To: Tom Mornini <tmornini@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Routing with Xen-Bridge
From: "G.Wendebourg" <gw-hh@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:11:50 +0200
Cc: Xen Users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:06:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is there any example-configuration, how to set up networking with a
bridge, when my xen-system is located behind a router to the inet?

I'm now having the router with 192.168.0.1.

On my Xen 3.0 i have the bridge installed and thus eth0 and xenintbr
running with the added vif's.

Which configuration might assigned to the netdevices on the xen-system
with the goal to enable the guests to make connections to the internet
and also have a forwarding from outside to specific guests (relying on
the port, thats  questioned from outside) ?

It seems to be a very standard solution, but I didn't find out, how to
realize it, after trying several configurations on my guest-systems and
the Dom-0.
What has been working was the connect between Dom-0 and guest and after
configuring masquerading also connect from guest to the internet.
Also I found, that after altering the network of some guest it was
stopping its work, even if setting to the initial config and rebooting.

But maybe there is some example-configuration, that may help to solve
(while I'm still no networking-expert).

thany for replying.

GW