[Xen-users] 3.0.2 seems not to create bridge

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] 3.0.2 seems not to create bridge
From: "Harm Weites" <harmweites@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 23:59:41 +0200
Bcc:
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 15:00:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi list members,
I have been busy with this problem since yesterday and im really stuck now.
The Dom0 is a clean Debian Etch install (yeah, the upcoming stable release). I use linux-image-2.6.16-2-xen-686 with xen-hypervisor-3.0.2 It all boots ok and i have created two filebased debian images to start as DomU.

Here's the problem: the bridge scripts doesnt seem te be executed. When i create a DomU without a vif line all is fine, except that i havent got networking. When i enable the vif line its stalls and eventually fails and says it cant connect vifsomething. Looking up some info with ifconfig/brctl tells me much more: I dont have peth0 and brctl show nothing, eg. there is NO bridge created.

I have been working with Xen on another host (sarge+xen from backports) and that worked perfectly. Its just due to the hardware i have to use Etch.

help would be highly appreciated :)