Re: [Xen-users] DomU free mem history

To: Christoph Purrucker <cp+ml-xen@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU free mem history
From: Christian Horn <chorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:11:21 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 01:12:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Oct 10, 2006 at 12:10:48PM +0200, Christoph Purrucker wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is any better way to get the memory usage of all
> DomUs from Dom0. Currently I'm logging into each DomU via ssh, running
> free -m, parsing the output and returning the memory which is unused and

As noone else suggested something yet like some virtual filesystem that
is mountes on /proc/xen/something and read/writable on dom0/U my
2cents to solve the problem:

- nfs-server on dom0, domU mounting it r/w and a script that runs on
each domU does while true; do free >/mnt/domU_name; sleep 10; done
- using ssh-multiplexing you establish one ssh-process that logs into
each domU from dom0. Each additional ssh-command now uses the already
established multiplex-socket, speeding up the command a lot.
Read on this on the ssh_config manpage.

Christian