Re: [Xen-users] Problem with dom0

Chris Fanning wrote:
Hi,

You should not mix your self-compiled Xen install with the Debian
packages. Go the one way or the other.

I compile xen source on debian testing and use the debian package libc6-xen.
So far no problems mixing that. Or are you refering to something else?

It _can_ work to mix some testing packages into stable. But it _can_ also break a lot.

In Hugo's case, on the one hand it isn't exactly ckear to me what exactly he's about to do, but it looked like he wanted to use one of the xen-kernels provided by debian together with the self-built Xen from xensources. And that might be not a good idea. I would use the xen hypervisor from debian with the Debian kernels, and the xensource hypervisor with the xensource kernels.

Henning

(please keep discussion on list, as I didn't see your response cpoming in there, just to me personally)